Vincent

 
One night after putting my daughter to sleep, I went back to the living room and started cleaning all the mess. That day we had been playing with play-doh and it was a mess, I went to the kitchen for a wet wipe, as the play-doh was spread all over the floor; I went in the kitchen walked all the way to the service room, where we keep the cleaning supplies, and suddenly, the light went off, I walked back to check on the light switch and it was turned off. I turned it on again and went back to get the wipe, got back to the living room and started cleaning the floor, I then heard a cracking sound, like footsteps walking down the hall that connects the kitchen to the dinning room and the living room.

I stood motionless, and just when I was thinking my imagination was playing me tricks, I see the tip of a shoe showing from the kitchen door into the hall. My heart stopped, I looked around slowly insearch for a weapon, I saw that I had a pair is scissors on my working table. I got up, naturally as if I hadn't notice the presence of who ever was there. Walked as fast but with a natural flow, towards the working table grabbed the scissors and got my mobile out of my right poket, I dialed 911 and walked into the family room. 

I immediately turned to the hall, witch connected the family room, the hall and the kitchen in an L shape. I got an answer and I said in the loudest possible whisper "help me, there is an intruder in our house". The operator told me to stay calm and look for a weapon, and lock ourselves in one room, she was sending a police car immediately to our property. She kept talking, and asking me in wich room am I; at that very time, I was opening my daughters room door, turned on the night light and woke her up. I got her in the closet while she stared at me with intrigue. 

After what seemed an eternity I heard a loud knocking on the front door, it was the police and the next sound was a loud bang, they had forced the door open. . I heard voices and then I heard a voice that came from outside my daughters room, "Ms. You can come out, Italia the police, you are safe". We both got out of our hiding spot and met officer Ward. He asked me if we were hurt, and he told me they found a man on our kitchen floor. He didn't seem hurt, but lost. He then told me he was not armed, and they think he might be drunk. He wanted me to take a look at him in case it was someone I know, apparently this has happened before, drunk relatives or neighbors asking for help while trespassing. 

I went outside to the police car, where they had him, took a good look at his face, and told officer Ward I had no idea who this person is. Meanwhile two officers were searching our home to make sure no one else was there. They found nothing, and curiously they didn't find a forced entry. I know I licked the house when we left that day and after we arrived. They gave me the 'always make sure you lock your doors and windows' lecture. I know I locked everything. Anyway, I smiled and thank them for their help. 

I had almost no sleep that night or the next night. I kept wondering who this man was, and what was he doing in our kitchen floor. The third day I received a call from officer Ward, he told me he wanted to have a word with me regarding this man, he wanted to stop by our house and talk and search again. I told him he could come right away, he did. 

When he arrived, he had another two officers with him, they asked permission to search out home again. Meanwhile, we both talked right outside my porch and he told me something that has been haunting me ever since. 

That night, they took this man to the police station for questioning. After a few hours he gained full consciense, as at first he seemed lost. He then told them his name, Vincent Daniels, and said he didn't remember how he got in our house, and in fact he didn't know where he was. He said he got shot on the chest before he appeared in my kitchen. 

I looked officer Ward with amaze, as I never saw any blood. He then told me, the medical service examined him and had no wounds, nothing. They took his finger prints, and locked him till next morning. He had nothing on him, no wallet, ID, or credit cards. The next day, when they went to check on him, he was gone. There was no record of him leaving on the security cameras, and the fingerprints lead nowhere. They were hopping to find him in our house or near, but he wasn't. They advise me to stay alert, and called them if I ever saw him again. I never did, nor did them. 

Comments