Angry Soul




I lived at the same house for over 20 years. My parents bought this place right before I was born and it was a lovely place, big and  spacious. It was in a gated community in San Antonio, Texas. Right next to our house, lived a very nice lady who had grandchildren about my age, so while growing up, we would play together when they were visiting. During our teenage years we didn't hang out as much, but we still get along. I was around 17 or 18, when the lady next door passed away. We went to the memorial service and passed our condolences. It was a sad day. 

A few weeks later, I was sitting in our study room, I remember it was late at night, and I was about to finish my senior year, it was probably mid May. My Dad was not home, My Mom was at her room watching a movie, and my sister was in her bedroom. I then hear a loud noise, I thought it was a gunshot, just one. I got out of the study room and found my Mom coming down the stairs, we could not figure out what that sound was. We didn't hear any other noises for the rest of the night. 

After a few days we saw a police car outside the old Ladies home. My Dad went out, he then learned that one of the old ladies son had committed suicide inside the empty house. He shoot himself on the head. I then understood, what happened that night. My Mom and I told my Dad about the shot we heard a few nights before, it was a hard thing to process, but we went back to our lives. 

A month later, we noticed we had mice in the house, so my Dad put traps in the house and around the garden. But the problem got worse every day, we then noticed that the mice were coming from the old lady's house, It had been vacant ever since she passed. We called one of the relatives of the old lady and told them that maybe the house was infested with mice, and that now they were going into our property. He was really nice and said he would take care of it immediately. 

A couple of days later we started hearing loud bangs on the doors and tapping on the windows. Every time we went to check out where the noises came from, we found no one or nothing. After a while the noises came from inside the house, doors would open and close on their own, lights would turn on and off, things would suddenly fall. There was one thing that annoyed me so much, We would constantly find water spilled over the floors, I slipped a couple of times. 

Things got terrifying now. there were mice still coming to our property, furniture moved during the night or when we were away, our old toys that had been boxed a few years ago, appeared in the middle of the living room, it was getting creepy. My Mom became obsessed with cleaning, she said our kitchen had a horrible smell, as if something was rotten. She eventually found dead mice, placed inside an empty box of laundry detergent. One day my Mom and I  we were sitting at the kitchen counter, having ice cream, and an apple was thrown across the room, just like that, right before our eyes. My sister said that someone sits on her bed while she is sleeping, she would scream in the middle of the night. She started sleeping with the lights on. 

One day I woke up in the middle of the night and noticed the lights on my bedroom were on, and my door was open, my bed was placed right in front of the door and when open I could see hall. I remember being terrified that night, as I woke up I realized the hall was particularly dark, I could not see anything, but I heard foot steps. I waited in silence and then got up, closed the door and locked myself in. I had no sleep. 

Our house had that rotten smell constantly, and we would find dead mice everywhere. This was just too much, it was disgusting. My Mom called a friend who once told her about a parapsychologist,  My Dad was not pleased, but he agreed. 

The day the parapsychologist came, right before she arrived one of our windows broke, just by it self. As soon as she went in she started taking notes, she said it was not an evil entity, but an angry one. She said we had to do a cleanse and talk to him. We did what she said, she talked to him, she told us it was the man who died next door, he was having trouble coping with his mothers death. We knew then she was telling the truth. We ended the ritual, and instantly felt the air lighter. We never experience any activity after that, it all went back to normal. Mice were gone, smell was gone too. 



Comments