Book Review - Sour Candy

I got this book about three weeks ago and it sat by my bed for about two weeks before taking a stab at it. The cover was what caught my attention, it felt so menacing I had to have it.



Once I started it, I was not able to put it down until I was done with it. Its a very short book, but amazingly written. I will not spoil it for you, but I must say it was definitely what I expected. And I must say, each page was a surprise. The story is so unexpected, so unpredictable. You might predict some pieces, but you will definitely be shocked with what is going on.

Kealan Patrick Burke has an outstanding talent to describe his characters. I felt hate, frustration, disgust and complete sense of despair. Phil's situation is like going blind in a barrel rolling down the hills towards hell.... You know its not going to end well, and you know for sure he is heading to a terrible fait, but you don't know exactly what the hell is going on.

The kid, where do I start, well I just want to strangle him, seriously! Have you ever felt so scared yet so disgusted by someone, well this kid will do it for you. The way I pictured in my head, so hypocrite and deceiving, he's like a character from The Omen, and you guessed it... you can't get rid of him. Ant then there is a twist, so unexpected you will feel a change of heart... maybe.

In a few words I can tell you I loved this book, I am so eager to get my hands on more of Burke's books, his writing is amazing, captivating and puzzling.

Let's see what comes next, for now; Have a Spooky day!

#books #bookreview #kealanpatrickburke #spookysideoftheworld #scary #book

Comments