Violent Ghost




This happened in 1998, I was pregnant with my first child. I was living close to Amarillo Tx., and most of my family lived in Austin. So I visited often. Once my baby was born, I stayed at my parents house for a couple of months, because lets be honest, I needed help and if you have family close by, yo never reject help. 


During that period, my aunt (mother's sister) purchased her first home. It was a 2 bedroom 2 bath house, in a nice neighborhood, she was thrilled. Over all it was a good year for all. 


I am very close to my family and everyone was happy to receive me at their homes when we visit. Usually I stay at my parents, but on one occasion  my aunt, who was single and had no children, was kind enough to buy a small crib for when we visited, she was eager to have us there. She loved my daughter and we stayed with her for an entire week. 


During our stay we had our own room, where there was a comfortable queen bed and the small crib. it was a nice sturdy wood crib, with beautiful teddy bear blankets. Our first night there we had a peaceful night, my daughter was 7 months old now, and she was sleeping through the night (any mother knows this is a blessing). The next day we went shopping and to lunch with my parents and one of my brothers. We went back home with my aunt and I gave my daughter a bath, and put her to sleep. I had a baby monitor and went to the kitchen with my aunt, as we fixed diner for both. 


While we were eating, the monitor on the bedroom turned off, so the alarm on the receptor went on. I assumed it was not plugged and ran out of battery. I went into the bedroom and to my surprise, the crib was pushed to the other side of the room, right next to the window, and the monitor was unplugged on the floor. This was strange and eerie. I looked in the crib, and my daughter was sleeping peacefully. I plugged the monitor again, and made sure it was placed properly over the nightstand. Went back out and didn't mention anything to my aunt. 


About two hours later, the alarm on the receptor went off again. I went back to the room to check on the baby, as I was opening the door, I notice that the crib is pushed towards the door, I pushed harder to open the door and managed to fit between the gap. I entered the room and the monitor was again unplugged and the crib was moved again. The baby was asleep. I went back to the living room and called my aunt, told her what happened and she was surprised. We both went into the bedroom to check on the baby and I showed her the unplugged monitor and where the crib was originally standing. (I must state that the crib did not have wheels, some people have asked before). I was feeling uncomfortable of leaving the baby alone again, so I told my aunt I was going to bed. 


I had a sleepless night, nothing happened, but I was very uneasy and kept checking on the baby. I slept probably a couple of hours. The next day, we hanged in my aunts house, My Mom brought us pancakes and fruit and we spent the day there. My daughter was crawling now, starting to make efforts to stand up. She was playing on the carpet, while we were talking and out of nothing, she started to cry, as if she was in pain or scared. There was no way to comfort her, she cried for a good 45 minutes. I thought maybe she needed a nap. I took her to room and cradled her until she fell asleep crib and took the receptor with me, but before I made sure to plug the monitor and made sure it was on. As I walked out the door, I heard a loud knock, went back in and everything looked normal. I thought I was going crazy, went back out and joined my mother and aunt on the living room. After only 30 minutes the baby started crying again. My mother went to get her and that was the end of the nap. 


That day, almost around 7 pm, we took my daughter to take her bath and then it was bed time, but as my Mom was there, and my Dad joined us, we were all talking and I was showing my Dad how my daughter was trying to stand up, we were all gathered around the crib, and my daughter was crawling around it, all eyes were on her, when suddenly the crib moved violently to one side, pushing the baby to the ground. We were all there, this was not my imagination, and there was no reason for it to move that way. I immediately picked her up and there was complete silence. We all looked around and said nothing. 

After a couple of minutes, I told them that the crib moved last night, my parents said that maybe I should sleep at their house, until we figured out what was going on. My father is a skeptic, so he obviously tried to find an explanation to this. We couldn't find any. I went home with my parents that night. 

After that my Aunt says she had never experience any other kind of activity. I've went back there a few times after, and nothing happened, but I am pretty sure things are not normal there. 





Comments

  1. This story is very scary also, so glad that the baby was never harmed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment