The Night a UFO came

During a short period my Dad kept saying that he felt UFO's were coming and going and he had this premonitions all the time. 

At first we didn't pay much attention, we thought he was joking. To be honest, I've never believed in UFO's, neither my Mom or sisters. 

After a few weeks, it got really annoying, he insisted that UFO's were going to come soon, it's just he didn't understand when. He got really creepy, he was not himself, he would now choose to have dinner by himself, he was not talking but only the necessary, he was isolated and in a terrible mood. 

I talked to him, I was getting worried for him. I didn't know how to approach him and to be honest I was afraid that he might be losing his mind. That afternoon, when I finally approached him, I asked, why was he insisting on this UFO subject, what happened? He told me that for a few weeks now, he had been having this dream, where he sees a UFO come close to our home. This was a recurrent dream and he would always ake up and remembered every bit of his dream. He claims that during this dreams, a voice told him to be alert, but he could never get the information on when was this going to happen. 

We talked a lot that day, I was able to tell he was not going crazy, he was very coherent on every single word. I promised that I would wait with him till the day came. 

After a couple of days, he came into my room and said that he knows that they are coming at 5 am, he didn't have a specific date, so he would wake up every day at 4 am and wait. 

We waited for another five days and no sign of anything. The sixth day we woke up at 4 am, and sat on our yard to watch. We talked for about an hour, an just as we were going to go into the house, we heard a loud crack. We immediately turned to look and noticed that it was the electrical transformer, all lights were out, at least in our block and a couple of blocks around us. My Dad stood there in complete silence, and we were both waiting for something to happen. Nothing happen, so after a good  hour and a half we went in the house, and back to bed. 

Later that day we were trying to have breakfast ( it was a Saturday) and power was out still out, so we decides to go out. We spent the day shopping and buying groceries. We went back hem and power was on, but I could tell my dad was disappointed, I guess he thought this might be it. 

A few months passed and still nothing happened, my Dad was still waking every day at 4:30, and watched the sky till almost 6 am. He now was ashamed, and didn't talk about the UFO's anymore. 

The night of my high school graduation, I went out and didn't come back until almost 4 am, as I came into the house I noticed the sky looked weird, there was a light coming from I don't know where, but it looked as if it was the sun rising. There were a lot of clouds, white clouds. So I went into the house and got into my pajamas, washed my face and was getting ready for bed, when I heard noises coming from the living room. I went out and saw my Dad, sleepwalking towards the front door. I followed him in silence and notice he went out of the house, picked something up from the yard and walked back to the house. He was holding something small in his hand. He then opened a small box that he got under the TV cabinet and put it in, went back to bed in silence. 

I didn't find it right to spy on the box right away, so I went to bed and said nothing. The next day, I had a chance to talk to him alone, and told him what I saw. He didn't remember any of it, so I went to look for the box to show him. It was not there, there was nothing there. Now it was me who felt crazy. We ended the conversation there and said nothing. 

Some time passed, almos 6 years, and my parents were going out of town for a trip to Las Vegas. They asked me if I could come over to their house and feed the birds. I agreed, and stayed there for a week. 

While at my parents house, I started reminiscing about that episode with the UFO's, and how we never discussed what happened or why he dropped the subject from one day to annother. We never talked about that night and that box. So after my first night there, I decided to look for the box. 

It took me a lot of time, but finally I found it. It was under the TV cabinet in the living room, but tuts out there is a small space between the cabinet doors and a drawer, there it was. 

I got it out, looked at it carefully. It was really something special, it was a wooden box, with carvings of what looked like hieroglyphs. I opened it, slowly. I was not sure what I was going to find in it. Finally what was inside confused me even more.  It was a picture of an old rusty key. I looked at it for hours, trying to make sense. Finally I gave up, put the picture back and the box away where I found it.

I went back home as soon as my parents returned from their trip. I never mentioned anything to my parents. Until one day, I was talking to my Mom on the phone, just a regular call, catching up, when I hear my fathers voice saying something, my Mom said to him, "nice honey, I'm glad you found your key". I immediately hung the phone and drive to my parents' house. 

There he was, my Dad sitting in his chair on the front porch with the key on his hand. I asked him what kind of key it was, he dismissed me completely. He was just smiling in a weird way. I went in and looked for my Mom, she said Dad had always mentioned something about a key. She's glad he found it. 

He never went back to normality. My Dad was diagnosed with Alzheimer's. A few months after that. My Mom claimes she doesn't know how this evolve so quickly. He doesn't remember anything. He likes to sit with his key in his hand. 







Comments