The Ghost on the Phone




This is one of the things that while you tell them, it sounds crazy, and you find a lot of explanations, until you realize that there is no other explanation, than a paranormal happening. 

I lived with my family in a two story house, and I was just starting puberty, my sister was already 16 so you can imagine that we were both going under a difficult phase, at leas for our parents. We would constantly fight over the smallest things, and of course one thing that started most of our fights, was who had the right to use the phone. 

Back then we had regular phones, not the cordless ones, and my parents were kind enough to buy 4 phones for the house. There was a phone in the kitchen, one in the living room, one on the upstairs hall and one on my parents bedroom. I know that our parents were concerned on what we were up to constantly, as having teenagers is not easy, so we were supervised all the time. I know my Mom still to this date denies this, but she knew exactly who I was talking to and what I was watching on TV (we had no internet or it was not as popular as it is today). But there was one particular thing we were never able to sort out. 

It all started with a fight between me and my sister, she was on the phone and she claimed I was listening through the other phone in the living room. I was telling her that I was not spying on her, that I had better things to do and a life, and so on. Mom stopped the fight when she told us that the living room phone was off the hook, so problem solved, maybe it fell and that's why she heard noises as if someone were listening. 

This happened to me as well, and I immediately accused my sister of taking revenge for that other time. But then we realized that it was happening almost every day, even it we were alone at home, at some point of the conversation you could listen as if someone picked up the phone and listened to the entire conversation, and once we finished our call, we would find any of the phones on the floor or just off the hook. This was weird, but we did not pay much attention to this nor we said anything to our parents. It sounded ridiculous. 

One day my sister went into my room, I remember that I was doing my physics homework, and in a low voice, she said "there is someone on the phone", I did not comprehend what she meant, so I calmly replied "well, why are you telling me this, is it for me?", she rolled her eyes and said "I mean, it sounds as if our phone is intervened, I can hear them breathing". I went to the hall with her, and listened to the phone, she was not talking to anyone, she was about to dial when she noticed this. Our first thought was that maybe our phone was intervened or that maybe someone was in the house. We searched the house together and found the phone in my parents room off the hook, but no one was there. She hanged the phone, and the line on the other phone was normal. 

This started happening more and more often, but the creepy thing is, that we could hear breathing and sometimes coughing, as if someone was clearing their throat. My sister told my Mom, and she said that sometimes the lines crossed, and payed no attention to this. 

One evening I was talking to my friend Melissa, and I wanted to read her one of the notes another friend gave me (girl stuff), so I left the receiver over the table, and went to my room to look for the note, when I went back and picked up the phone, she was saying "who is there", so I said "It's me, what are you talking about", and then she said "Jen, come to my house right now" and hung the phone. I was puzzled, and was not sure what just happened. So I went back to my room, got my keys and money and went downstairs. Melissa, lived only four blocks away (let me say, that I took my time to do all this). I went down the stairs and stood by my front door, when I see Melissa and her Mom on their Van, coming towards me. 

When they were in front of the house, she told me to get in the Van. She then told me what she heard through the phone when I left her waiting. she said exactly this "I heard as if someone unhooked the receiver off another phone and then I heard heavy breathing, I said "Jen what are you doing" and then I heard a deep low voice saying strange words, not in English, but I can't tell what kind of language it was, and it was too hard to tell, the voice was far, very low, like a whisper, and then I started saying "who is there", after a few seconds you were telling me it was you, that's when I realized there is someone in your house, my Mom called 911 and we rushed here to get you". 

Police arrived within 5 minutes and they searched the house, they found the receiver on the downstairs living room unhooked, but nothing was out of place nor any door was forced. I then saw my sister and Mom coming, my Mom got all nervous to see the police car parked outside our door, she ran towards me and I told her what happened. The two police officers went out the house and said, there was no one there, they searched everywhere, they said that maybe I left one of the doors open and someone came in to see if there was someone inside, but when Melissa noticed there was someone, they left again. 

I know I didn't leave any of the door open. Melissa and her Mom left, and my Mom and sister went in the house with me. My Mom was angry at me and said I needed to be more careful, she didn't believe that the entire house was locked. I got grounded for 2 weeks. That night me and my sister talked about this, and she said she believed me, she said she one heard a soft voice as well, while talking to her boyfriend, but she was not sure, so she didn't say a thing. 

Two weeks passed, me and my sister were coming home from school, when we saw our Mom outside of the house talking to a neighbor. As we got closer, we noticed that the front door was open. My Mom looked at us and said in a commanding voice "don't go in, there is someone in the house". Turns out this time it happened to her, she said she was doing the house chores, when my father called, they were talking when they both heard as if someone unhooked the receiver of another phone, and then they heard heavy breathing and Mom says she heard a voice, my Dad has no recollection of the voice, but he told her to get out, and he called the police. She was waiting for my Dad and the police, when we arrived. Me and my sister looked at each other, we knew there was no one inside, there is someone in the phone, but not in the house. Police found nothing

That night we had a long family talk, my parents never believed our theory "There is a ghost in the phone". they insisted that the lines crossed and it was just happening to us. They called the phone company and they "fixed' our line, but it was never "fixed", you could hear the noises still. This got fixed once we moved out of our house.

Comments

  1. This is an absolutely fantastically creepy story! I loved it. Thanks for posting this story, very scary! Many Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kimberly, Im so glad you liked it. many blessings to you too. Read you soon.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Jamie, I'm glad you enjoyed it!. Cheers

      Delete

Post a Comment