Stoker Spirit




During my final months of pregnancy, I stayed at my mothers house, as my husband was traveling a lot and I was not comfortable staying at home alone. 

My Mother was convinced that she had a ghost in her home and she told me about a few mysterious episodes. I must say I'm very skeptic so I would basically never payed much attention to this. I was very careful not to disregard her and her opinion, as it was not my desire to disrespect her. 

I was sleeping in my old room, and the door tends to stuck, so you have to pull hard to close it and push hard to open it. My bedroom was the last down the hall, though it is not a long hall. There is a bathroom on the hall and a storage closet. 

I stayed at my Mom's house for a total of three months, as she helped me take care of the baby, once it was born. and this is where my skepticism turned into a "I completely believe" situation. 

During the time I stayed there, my bedroom door would open constantly in the middle of the night. And as I said, the door stuck badly, so it is not possible the air could open the door, besides, not a single window was ever open, as we have air conditioning (This is Texas, and its hot). There is no chance of drafts at all. The door would never open during the day; it was always during the night and I was feeling very uncomfortable. It was not happening every day, but pretty regular. I noticed every time, as I was visiting the restroom frequently during the night and I would usually wake up and notice the door was wide open. 

The first time it happened, I just thought that maybe I didn't close it properly, and it kept happening, until I realized that it was not easy to open or close the door. It happened many times during the pregnancy and after my baby was born. But there is one particular night I really freaked out. 

I was still pregnant and sleeping alone (my husband was still traveling) I woke up, not because I wanted to pee, but I just uncomfortable. I opened my eyes and saw the door wide open, and it seemed there was a face staring at me. I got really scared and woke up completely, stood up looking towards the door and the face was gone. I walked a few steps towards the door, to get a better look, and that's when I saw a figure walking away to the living room. I turned on the light of my room and the hall and walked as fast as I could, I got to the living room and turned the light in a fast motion, there was no one there. I walked to my Mom's room and knocked on her door, she opened and got alarmed, she thought maybe I was in labor. I got into her room and told her what happened, I asked if she came to my room, just to check on me or something. She said she didn't. I believe her. 

After that, I was really scared to sleep in my room, I was not sure what this spirit wanted or why it kept opening my door. Fortunately my husband arrived a week later and stayed during the whole period until we went home with the baby. this happened even with my husband sleeping in the room, we both agreed that there was something scary about this. I felt safe because now I was not alone, but it bothered me that our newborn baby was in the room. I slept very poorly, even when the baby was asleep, I was not able to sleep. so my husband and I took turns to "guard". Finally we left. 

I never stay the night at my Mom's house, I visit frequently, but never stay. My Mom keeps telling me the weird things that happen in her house, I wonder why she still lives there. I would't be able to stay there. She says its a good soul...

Comments