Music in the Walls


We lived in the same house since I can remember. My parents purchased this house in the early 80's. This house is full of great memories. We used to have a piano, as my dad plays the piano and he always wanted for me and my brothers to learn. We never did, but always enjoy playing with the piano.

We all eventually moved out, my parents got divorced and each moved out. This house was empty eventually. Not abandoned, we would always drop by to keep an eye on the property. After a few years, I went back to my old house and moved in, I had recently finished college and got a job nearby, so it was the obvious thing to do. I was saving on rent, I just needed to pay the bills so it was a sweet deal. After all my salary was not that much at the time. 

I've heard some time before, that there are some places that absorb the sounds. I really don't know if this is true, but after a couple of months living there, I could hear the piano playing ever night. Some nights it was just random keys, others it was actual music. It was strange at first, after a while it was just a familiar sound, a happy sound that the house played, reminding me of those great years we had together. A couple of times I would go out of bed and walked all the way to the hall where the piano was, of course the keys were not actually moving and the lid was down. But there was definitely music playing. One of my neighbors says she can listen to piano music as well, but she never thought it was coming from our house. 

I was never afraid, in fact, it was always soothing, always happy. I moved out after a couple years and my parents sold the house a few months ago. I wonder if the new owners still hear the music?

Comments