The Shadow under the door




I always felt a presence in my old apartment, I saw shadows a couple of times, but whenever I turned to look, nothing was there. I always thought it was nothing to worry about. Our mind is a powerful machine and I think we can "imagine" things. I am wrong. I know that now. Our mind is powerful in deed, but also, there are things we cant explain. 

I live with my cat, and he is a lovely and docile cat. He follows me everywhere. Back when I was living in my old apartment, I noticed he was always staring to the walls, or the ceiling. I thought it was weird, but figured there was nothing to worry about. My cat usually sleeps in my bedroom with me, he also likes to sit on the rug while I take a shower, and he enjoys sitting next to my feel while I use the toilet. The toilet in this apartment looks straight to the bathroom door, there is a gap between the door and the floor. Sometimes when I entered the restroom alone, my cat would usually walk by the door many times, letting me know he knew I was in there. I could see his shadow under the door pacing impatiently. 

One day I went into the restroom and my cat sat next to my feet. I was doing my business, when I saw a shadow under the door. I immediately looked at my cat and he was staring at the door as well. Then he got into his hunting pose and I knew he saw the shadow too. At first I thought someone broke in. The shadow moved from one side to the other very slowly. I got up and flushed the toilet, if someone was out there, they will know that the apartment is not empty. I saw the shadow pace again from one side to the other, again very slow. The paranormal never crossed my mind.

I reached the doorknob, and opened in one quick motion. What I saw, is an image that hunts me till this day. I was expecting to find a burglar or an animal. What I found shocked me. I saw a big black cloud, more like a black mass, floating on the left corner of my bedroom, (ironically, this is the spot where my cat used to stare for hours). The black mass didn't move, it was just there floating. The room temperature dropped, it got really cold. I didn't know what to do, so rushed out of my room with my cat, took my keys and handbag and left. 

I went back later that night, obviously not alone. I asked a friend and her boyfriend if they could come with me back home. When we got there, the black mass was gone, but my sheets and pillows were all wet. My friends agreed to spend the night with me. After that I started looking for a new apartment. Fortunately, I found one within a month and moved out of this place. I never saw the black mass again during the last month I lived there, but I had always the feeling that someone was watching me and my cat would stare to the same spot most of the time. This was almost 8 years ago. 

A few months later I learned from my former neighbor (who also left due to strange activity), that she researched the property and found out that many years ago there was a fire in the building and three people died, a lady and two children. The fire did not destroy the entire structure, so eventually it got fixed and remodeled. We believe this had something to do with the strange happenings going on the building. My neighbor told me she constantly heard moans in the apartment. I don't know how she handled to live there for two years, my sole experience was enough to leave the next month. 



Comments