My scary visit to Mexico




I went on a trip to Mexico, which included a two day stay in Mexico City and 5 day stay in Cancun. I was very excited for the trip and read a lot about things to do in Mexico City mostly, because I only had 2 day to take in as much as possible. I stayed at a friends house in Mexico City, that's why we included Mexico City in our schedule. She lived in a very fancy house in the south area of Mexico City, there are some amazing residences in this part of the city, plus interesting museums. She lived very close to the Diego Rivera museum, with her husband, who was Mexican.  

I got there on a Tuesday night. We went straight to bed that night, and on the morning we had an amazing breakfast, very Mexican with fresh tortillas and cheese and beans, everything was delicious. We went to a couple museums near Zocalo, and that night we went to have a couple of drinks to a nice area. We went back home to sleep and that's when it got scary. That night I heard all kinds of noises, weird noises. I heard a lot of whispering, and I swear at some point I heard a horse neigh. I had almost no sleep that night. I didn't feel comfortable waking my friend and husband up. I tried everything to fall asleep, but my heart kept pounding loud and my senses were alert, I was definitely scared.

The next morning while having breakfast, I mentioned that I had just a few hours of sleep, and made a joke that maybe I had a little too much tequila, but I was even listening to whispers and horses. No one laughed, in fact no one was surprised of what I just said. I kept quiet. 

My friend and I went touring that day and did some shopping. We went back home as we were leaving the next day (Friday) to Cancun. We had a nice Mexican dinner, and went to bed. That night it got worse. The whispers were louder, I could not make the words, as they were in Spanish, and even though I speak some Spanish, it was very hard to make up a conversation. I heard laughing, and a couple screams, but mostly, I heard animals, horses neighing. It was really scary. I sat on my bed, lights on and kept looking around. The whispers were so loud, as if the people having the conversation were standing right next to me. I moved, I went to the bathroom, and locked the door. I didn't want to wake up my friend and husband, and as they said nothing during breakfast, maybe they don't want to talk about this. I sat on the toilet, cell phone in hand and checked my mail and Facebook, just to keep my mind of the subject. I could not hear any sound or whisper here, so I got comfortable. After a few minutes, I got the creepiest whisper right to my ear, very clear, that said "muerta" which means dead in Spanish, I immediately rushed out the bathroom and in to the bedroom. I was completely horrified to see my things on the floor, my handbag, my suit case and makeup bag. 

I went to the hall, turned on the lights and knocked on my friends bedroom door. I had enough. She woke up and came to the bedroom with me. The look she gave me reassured me I was not crazy, she knew I was not making this up. We picked up my things and went downstairs to the living room and talked the rest of the night. She told me that the house was part of a big ranch, many years ago. That area, was not even part of Mexico City back then, and she and her husband had experienced the same noises, but they would always hear noises and whisper, but nothing got ever thrown to the floor or anything. 

We went to Cancun the next day and had a great time. After a few months I learned she moved to a different house. They found on they back yard what looked like animal bones, and pre-Hispanic urns. This was very creepy.  Mexico sure has a lot of history, but man it's scary.



Comments

  1. This is a very good story. I have kept your site open on my computer for over a month now, just reading your stories. You are an amazing story teller, I think you must be a medium and spirits are drawn to you. Thanks so much for writing down your experiences and sharing. God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment